In the midst of my Facebook unfriending spree, I am equally repulsed and unsurprised by the number of former high school classmates who have dropped out of college only to find employment at the local country clubs.
To Do (Lazy Day Off Edition)
- deposit paycheck ($$$ in the bank)
- run to the library to check out The Thief before it disappears from the shelves again
- brief grocery run
- figure out where to find those really large command hooks? and Christmas lights?
- buy a used copy of Satanic Verses at Powell’s because not being able to write in the margins of my library copy is making me crazy
- laze about in Tea Chai Té for however long seems appropriate
- 1 hour of pilates
World Cup prediction: Ireland will win but krum will catch the snitch
"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."
(Δεν ελπίζω τίποτα. Δε φοβούμαι τίποτα. Είμαι λέφτερος.)"
Itching (more accurately: dying) to re-read You Can’t Go Home Again, but my well-loved copy is languishing away in some bookshelf back home and the prospect of reading a clean library copy without the feverish and effusive it’s-the-last-assigned-reading-of-my-high-school-career-ahhh marginalia is too depressing to bear.